Most computers and mobile phones are plug-and-play. Once you’re powered up, they’re ready to be used. So, you might expect that all electronics are so simple to install and start using that you don’t need professional services. While some items can be straightforward, two way radio programming can have added layers of complexity far beyond the comfort level of most individuals. As your business expands, you may find that you need additional two way radios to support the needs of your operations. The radios you already have still function perfectly, so the logical choice is to simply add a few more handsets to your current configuration. Unfortunately, you might find that the process of programming your radios to work together is more complex than you imagined.
Beware of “Low Cost” Radio Providers
When looking to add more radios to your force – you may be tempted to find the least expensive Motorola two way radios, but it’s important to consider what is included in that price. Are you truly getting the best deal by purchasing from a retailer that doesn’t include any type of services after the sale, such as two way radio programming? You may a few dollars per radio with your purchase only to find yourself paying double your savings when you need programming support from local two way radio programming professionals. These so-called “low cost” providers can actually end up costing you more. Without professional installation, the radios that are not going to work for your unique needs.
Benefits of Professional Motorola Radio Programming
Purchasing new two way radios is a fantastic way to assure that your teams are communicating effectively in the field, providing a diverse option for always-on communication that can clear up operational backlogs and reduce frustration. Maintaining radios once they are programmed is straightforward, and can be performed by individuals with a range of talents and abilities but bringing these tools online for the first time might be more challenging than you realize. Here are three of the key reasons to work with a professional for your Motorola radio programming.
1. Radios are not plug-and-play like phones or computers. They require additional programming software, which is not widely available for individuals that are not in the business of servicing radios. While you can purchase the cabling and software, it can be expensive and will not be needed on an ongoing basis.
2. Radios not only require special software, but there are also unique cables that are needed before you can link the radios for programming. Radios are based on technology which requires additional steps before the radios are ready for full-time operation.
3. You need to know that your radios are compatible before making a purchase. Some older radios may not be compatible with updated programming, which might require an upgrade of all radios as opposed to simply adding a few handsets.
Checking with the professionals at Altech Electronics for configuration support and programming will help you avoid some of these costly mistakes.
- Adding or reconfiguring radios often requires additional programming
- Motorola SL300 programming software and other two way radio programming software are not readily available online
- Avoid any “low cost” two way radio purchase – while you may save money initially, the programming and installation will eat up any savings, costing more than if you had gone with the professionals. These low cost two way radios may not meet the needs of your business, so consulting a professional is the most cost-effective.
Getting your Motorola SL300 programming software or other two way ready for action doesn’t have to be a massive challenge. When you work with the professionals at Altech Electronics, you will quickly see the value of purchasing your radio and accessories from our team. We will work with you to understand your business needs and make recommendations for the best configurations. We are also able to quickly integrate the various pieces of technology and be sure that your radios are well-tuned and working together effectively. Our team has access to the correct software and training that will have your organization getting great value from your new two way radios in no time. Contact our Altech Electronics team at 718-266-7863 or via email to email@example.com to learn more about staying connected with the power of Motorola digital radios.