Quick and clear communication is important because it allows you to keep in touch with your team and mitigate emergencies. Even though you know it’s essential, you also need to know which method will work best for your business. While in recent years, phones have become more convenient they aren’t always as reliable as you’d think. Do you remember Nextel phones with two-way radio technology? They, unfortunately, went out of business in 2013, but if you had one you would remember the many benefits the two-way radio technology offered over it being a regular phone. So, here are some reasons you should use a two-way radio instead of a phone.
1. Two-way radios are more practical.
You can work faster and more effectively with two-way radios.
- A phone may be great as a personal communication device, but it’s impractical for situations when you must maintain constant communication with your staff and team members.
- Motorola two-way radios are the only communication method that is fast enough to meet your needs.
- Motorola two-way radios include push-to-talk (PTT) so you can reach the person you need to talk to in an instant instead of having to wait for a phone call connection to go through. If you had the Nextel phone you’d remember the many advantages of PTT being on it.
As a practical matter, a two-way radio can also help you prevent loss of income by quickly and reliably meeting your needs.
2. Two-way radios are durable.
You need a method of communication that will still work while you’re out and about and on the go.
- While a phone is often fragile and easily broken, these professional-grade devices are designed to last even under the most rigorous wear-and-tear.
- Motorola commercial two-way radios are made from premium materials, with quick and convenient repairs available as part of the service and support package.
- They are industrial-grade devices, built to stand up to drops, static, shock, vibration, and other demands.
That durability means that your two-way radios last longer, which saves you time and money. It’s a reliable communication service that’s customized to meet your needs.
3. Two-way radios are great for emergencies.
You need a reliable means of communication as a health and safety measure.
- If there is an accident or injury at your workplace, you can immediately communicate your need, so that you can access immediate emergency services.
- It’s also a matter of liability. You can’t afford for there to be any delay.
- Motorola security radios can ensure that injuries on campus or as part of sporting events are mitigated quickly and effectively.
Beyond a question of liability, you need to know that you did everything you could to prevent and mitigate any emergency.
4. Two-way radios have better coverage and clarity
You need communication that allows you to be as productive as possible, with no downtime.
- Cell phones operate in conjunction with cell towers which causes reception to be lost in remote or rural regions. While two-way radios don’t experience network outages or remote dead zones.
- It’s superior quality service, with a nearly unlimited range of communications.
- The commercial two-way radios have no downtime as opposed to cell phones.
The two-way radio supports the coverage that you need, with compatibility with headphones, earpieces, and Bluetooth headsets. You can count on the calls going through no matter what.
- Two-way radios have a lot of advantages over a phone.
- You need to know which method of communication will work best for your business.
Next Steps: Contact Altech Electronics Today!
Altech Electronics offers innovative sales and services to support your two-way radio needs. Our premier communications solutions are highly effective and reliable, with uses in industrial, public safety, and business. We consult with you to determine the customized solutions and plans that will best meet your needs for reliable and safe communications.