Given that some schools are back in session and on campus, finding the best ways to maintain effective and quick communication is vital. Although some may think the best method is traditional phones, the superior method of communicating in the school setting is the use of two-way radios.
Benefits of Using Two-Way Radios in Schools
If you are interested in investing in two-way radios for school staff, this is an excellent idea. Some of the top benefits of doing so are as follows:
- Emergency Communication: One of the top benefits of using two-way radios in the school setting is that they are great for emergency communications. Schools are often very unpredictable settings in which issues arise at a moment’s notice. No matter if it is a fire drill, a fight, a sick child, or anything other time-sensitive problem that needs to be immediately addressed, using two-way radios makes it possible for staff to quickly and easily communicate with one another. Moreover, they can do so without having to leave the location of the issue, which makes it easier for staff to settle issues as quickly as possible.
- Ease of Use: Additionally, the ease of use in terms of two-way radios makes them the go-to for businesses and organizations of all kinds. Unlike smartphones or landlines, there is no need to take the time to remember or dial numbers. You will be able to communicate with the entire faculty with the push of a button. They can also be paired with Bluetooth devices for hands-free use.
- Durability: Moreover, two-way radios are highly durable. Given that the school setting is often busy and rambunctious, this setting can cause staff members to run around in order to keep up with the students. This can result in dropping a wide variety of things throughout the day if you are not careful. Luckily, two-way radios are built to sustain a wide variety of drops without becoming damaged.
- Cost-Effective: A two-way radio is also a highly cost-effective option. Rather than investing in smartphones for your staff, or other methods of communication, using two-way radios can allow all members of the staff to stay connected without spending a ton of money to do so.
- Sound Clarity: When you are dealing with other methods of communication, such as smartphones, call quality can be fickle at best. While it may work great on some days or in some areas of the school, other days, you may find that smartphones do not seem to work properly on other days. You may also discover that there are some areas in the school in which smartphones have terrible service, which can cause a major issue in terms of staying connected. However, purchasing walkie talkies for school staff will provide consistent sound quality, no matter where in the school you may be located.
- Cleanliness: In the age of COVID-19 and social distancing, finding the best methods of keeping everything as clean and sanitized as possible is vital. Nevertheless, using landlines and smartphones can cause germs to spread more rapidly, especially when they are being used by multiple people. By using walkie talkies, you can purchase one for everyone and ensure they are cleaned and sanitized at the beginning and end of each day.
- Purchasing two-way radios can be one of the best ways to keep your school staff connected.
- This is because they have amazing sound quality, are durable, easy to use and great for emergency communication.
- Two-way radios are ideal for helping to maintain social distance and prevent the spread of germs.
Finding the Best Two-Way Radios for Schools
If you are interested in investing in two-way radios for your school, Altech Electronics has you covered. Offering premium quality solutions, Altech is ready and willing to help you find custom solutions for your institution, develop your own school walkie talkie protocol, and more. Contact us today!