In an age in which the majority of the world is concerned with staying as healthy as possible, while also helping to keep everyone else safe, new technological innovations are becoming increasingly essential. Many organizations are now mandating that everyone who enters answers a series of questions about their health status and has their temperature taken, many are seeking cutting-edge solutions to help prevent the spread of infectious viruses, such as COVID-19. Additionally, this technology can also be used in other areas of our society, to help make things easier and more efficient. In short, thermal security technology is being championed as the next big thing in terms of keeping the world safer. With that in mind, here is a closer look at this technology and how it can keep us safe.
What is Thermal Security Technology?
For those who are yet unfamiliar, thermal security technology is a type of technology that uses specially made cameras that are designed in order to capture the amount of heat that is being given off by a particular item or individual, in a thermal camera image. Given that all living things give off a level of heat, which is made up of wavelengths that cannot be seen by the human eye, a thermal security camera can then be used to detect these wavelengths. In other words, when using thermal security technology, the thermal-imaging camera uses a special sensor designed to convert these wavelengths into a visible light picture. In layman’s terms, a thermal-imaging camera can be used to give us a visual of the heat that is being given off by any particular being or object.
How Thermal Security Technology Keeps us Safe
Now that we know more about what thermal security technology entails, let’s take a look at the ways in which thermal security technology can be used to help keep us safe:
- Virus Detection: One of the top ways thermal technology can be used to keep us safe is by detecting those with higher temperatures. Therefore, if these cameras are stationed in the right areas, they could prove to be an instrumental tool in terms of making the world a safer place. Although this is not a fool-proof method of determining what type of illness one may have, in terms of helping to keep the world safe from the spread of viruses, such as COVID-19, this is a major step in the right direction.
- Thermal Imaging Camera Firefighting: Given that thermal cameras are able to detect objects that are giving off large amounts of heat, they can be used to help firefighters fight fires. Rather than running blindly into buildings, these cameras can be used to help firefighters pinpoint the source of the blaze, determine the size of the fire, locate those who need help and gather other helpful information beforehand. Also, when used in conjunction with other types of communication technology, such as two-way radios, this could totally revolutionize the way in which fires are fought and controlled.
- Thermal technology is a cutting-edge technology that will transform many industries.
- Thermal technology can be used to help detect viruses.
- Thermal technology can be used to help emergency first responders fight fires and rescue victims.
Overall, if you are interested in learning more about thermal security technology and how it can be used in conjunction with two-way radios and other types of technology, feel free to reach out to Altech Electronics today. Although this is a newer type of technology, many companies and organizations are taking the time to learn about how it can be used with other types of devices and technology to help make the world a safer place for all of us.